You may not be able to tell, but that is SNOW falling from the sky. How wrong IS it to mow and rake your leaves while snowing? The kids did a terrific job though and I think we are about ready for winter. Most of the leaves are off the trees and those that have yet to fall will simply have to decompose in our lawn. We will find out in spring how good or bad a decision that is.
In other news, Adam is getting laid off from his job today so he will have some vacation before Thanksgiving in Rochester. Of course, there are many little fix-it things to be done around the house this week. Wouldn't want him to get TOO relaxed!
The temp agency I signed up with got me a job in less than a week. Last Monday I started work with the Rockford Housing Authority. Currently I am helping them catch up on sorting and filing tremendos amounts of paperwork, but apparently there is PLENTY to do beyond that. I was told to expect to work there until at least February. I like my supervisor a lot and the job isn't difficult - just a bit tedious. I am not complaining though. In this economy, I am just happy to have a job.
Clare & Zeke are doing great. Zeke is gradually being given more responsibility with Reggie.He walks him to the end of the road and takes him out to go potty. He uses the commands we are learning in obedience training too, so Reggie is learning to take orders from the whole family, not just me.
The house in Louisiana is rented, which is a huge load off our minds. Our property manager tells us the family renting it out are very nice and will take good care of the place.
Adam and I will be going out next weekend to look at Christmas trees, since we didn't bring the LA one. Hopefully we will be able to reach a decision before the holidays are over!!
