Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween & Dog Parks

Zeke was Superman, complete with muscles and everything! It was the perfect day for trick or treating. The high was 67 degrees.
We went trick or treating with our neighbors, the Mays. Kaitlin was Dorothy. We made it around 2 blocks in the Subdivision before the sun went down, it got cold and Zeke was ready to turn in. My trick to non-lengthy trick or treating is that I make my kids carry their own candy. After awhile, that bag gets heavy and suddenly the lure of extra weight is not so great. And so we return home.

Adam stayed at the house with Reggie to dish out candy and Play Doh. I have not gotten so dog-obsessed that I dressed Reggie up in a costume yet. Maybe next year.

Clare went out with some friends in their subdivision. She dressed as a convict. I hope to get pictures from them next week.

Saturday we went to one of the Rockford Park District's two off-leash dog parks. It was very nice. LOTS of other dogs there. The leaves are still changing colors, which made the whole event scenic as well as fun. Reggie had a good time but did very little running. He is good for about 5 minutes of full out exercise and then looks at us like, "Okay, when is nap time?"

All pictures are here:

Halloween, Fall Colors & the Dog Park