Sunday, August 2, 2009

Catching Up

Sorry for the lack of updates. Joined Facebook shortly after returning home from North Carolina and now Farmville takes up all my spare time! Ha ha!

For time (and my sanity)'s sake, I have posted a small description of each event and posted an album following it. SO click on the picture and it will take you to a group of pictures of each event that may or may not be labeled sometime in the future.

Adam's best friend in the whole wide world came to visit us through the 4th of July weekend. We went into Chicago and they all went into the Sears Tower. It was a little too high for me:

Sears Tower with Lee and Family


For the actual holiday, our neighbors, affectionately known as "the other Mays" from down the street invited us to their house for food, swimming and conversation:

Independence Day at The Other Mays


Clare and I went to North Carolina to visit our dear friends The Parkersons from July 8-15. We had a fabulous time! Scott, Michelle and Isabella are terrific hosts!

While we were there, we went to the Museum of Natural History:

NC Museum of Natural History


We had a tea party (girls only):

NC Tea Party


We went shopping and afterward barged in on a coffee shop featuring the music of "soulful jazz with a modern twist". We played Scattergories, drank coffee and ate dessert instead:







We roasted marshmallows; Nothing says friendship like burning a fire in the middle of July in North Carolina. I am sure the neighbors, if they had spotted us, were very confused:

NC Bonfire


We also went on two college tours, so Clare could get an idea of what to expect, what she needed to be doing in high school now, and what the future could hold. We went to both Duke and UNC Chapel Hill. The campuses are GORGEOUS! UNC has over 600 groups and activities, one of which is a Pirate Club. They have an annual beard growing contest and everything.

NC College Tours


We stopped for coffee and dessert afterwards. We figured we had earned it since we walked two giant campus tours in one day, not to mention going through Duke Gardens.



We spent some time at the pool too.



And enjoyed the company of our goofy friends:



While we were gone, Adam and Zeke had some "man time". They bought Zeke a bike:



built a wood walkway from the sunroom (which I do not have a picture for) and helped out a lot with the RRL football team.

Adam had surgery on Monday, July 20th to get some cysts removed from his head. Being the supportive wife I am, of course I took pictures! Some of them are a bit graphic so if you have a sensitive stomach, don't click on the following album:

Adam's surgery (a little graphic)


My sister Jaime came for a long weekend visit in July. Unfortunately I only got one picture during her entire visit. I am a bad sister.



More updates to come in a later post! Thanks for looking everyone!