In the afternoon, we took one of Clare's friends, Kelsey, and two of our neighbors from three houses down the road (incidentally, whose last name is also May - how funny is THAT in this small little town?) and went about 25 minutes north into Wisconsin to our first corn maze.
Apparently this is an excellent year for corn. It was 8-9 feet high, which means no peeking over the top to figure out where the heck you are. The nice thing though is that the kids all ran ahead so we slow adults just followed the sound of the chatty voices, which enabled us to make very few wrong turns. We made it out in about 30 minutes.
We plan on going to another one in 2 weeks that is Octagon-shaped and is supposed to be much more difficult. So remember this date: October 11th. If you do not hear from me after that, call the police. I got lost in the corn maze and my family left me there.
The Corn Maze Photo Album shows the farm's cute little treat shop. The owners were adorable and so sweet! I did get attacked by a cow when I tried to pet her though. Apparently my sweatshirt looks good enough to eat.
![]() |
| Our First Northern Fall Experience |
The air is getting chillier here. The highs this week are in the mid 60s and the lows in the 40s. The smell of fall is all around and the leaves are beginning to change colors. This is my favorite time of year. I hope to enjoy it as much as I can before we all have to hibernate for the rumored Arctic winter!


No comments:
Post a Comment